Impact Health Policy Partners – a mission-driven, public interest health policy consulting and advocacy firm – seeks applicants with a strong interest and educational background in health policy and politics to join our team (in DC or remote) as a Health Policy Fellow. This opportunity is ripe for candidates looking to gain first-hand experience in providing strategic analysis and consultation. The Fellow will primarily support client work on state policies to improve health care affordability and access. In addition, the Fellow will contribute to client deliverables on federal health policy developments.
At Impact Health, we are committed to improving health for all by partnering with visionary organizations to advance well-being and expand access to more equitable, cost-effective, quality care. This starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices in our hiring and every client and government encounter.
We seek to embody our core values in all aspects of our work: social responsibility (including donating 5% of our profits to charities selected by team members), integrity, work-life balance, teamwork, service, and innovation. We are seeking candidates who share our values and will commit to practicing them in their work with us.
Impact Health will support the Fellow with mentoring and substantial resources to foster their success with us and in your longer-term career. The Fellow will receive exposure to a wide array of health policy issues and training on how to deliver client-facing work products, often under limited timelines. We take pride in balancing our commitment to delivering superior client service with a socially responsible and collegial atmosphere that treats our employees as whole people, not just workers. The Fellow may have opportunities to continue with Impact Health after completion of the first year of the fellowship.
- Research and written analyses of state health policy developments;
- Monitoring of state policy websites, listservs, and sources for new materials for analysis and distribution;
- Coverage and summarize of state-level hearings, meetings, etc.;
- Preparation of advocacy materials and reports; and
- Participation in client conference calls, including pre-call preparation and post-call follow up and deliverables.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, individual able to work independently;
- Ability to maintain collegiality and positivity in a high-performing environment;
- Long-term career focus in health policy or related field;
- Commitment to developing in-depth expertise in health policy issues, including the implications for groups that have been economically and socially marginalized;
- Strong organizational skills, including tracking and adherence to deadlines;
- Superior research and writing skills;
- Creative, innovative, solution-oriented approach to resolving challenges; and
- An advanced degree in health or public policy or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- $50,000 annual salary;
- Ability to work entirely remotely, from our office at 1301 K St. NW in Washington, DC, or in a hybrid format;
- 401k with automatic 3% employer contribution;
- 100% of premiums paid for Bronze level health insurance for any family size;
- 10 days off + all federal holidays + one week of Thanksgiving + two weeks around December/January holidays;
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave; and
- Firm coverage of reasonable business expenses (cell data, home Internet, etc.).
Our interview process involves two video interviews, a writing exercise, and reference calls for candidates in the final stages.
To be considered, please send a cover email with your resume and a 2–3-page writing sample attached to Yvette Fontenot at email@example.com with “Health Policy Fellow” in the subject line. Please note any prior, related experience you have in the health care, government affairs, or politics fields in your cover email. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
About Impact Health Policy Partners
Impact Health is a mission-driven, public interest government relations firm focused on health and well-being. We provide congressional and regulatory lobbying, in-depth policy analysis, strategic consulting, public relations, and federal grant-related services. Our clients include several members of the Fortune 500, marquee health systems and providers, life science companies, health plans, foundations, state governments, and investment firms. More about the Impact Health is available here, including our commitment to social responsibility.
Impact Health is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, persons with disabilities, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other potentially underrepresented populations to apply.